Conversations with My Son #1

Thursday, November 6, 2008 - - 0 Comments

There are so many beautiful moments I spend in brief conversation with my son that I would like to share. Hopefully, he will appreciate me sharing them when he gets older (probably not). I do hope that he sees them not as sharing intimate details about our life, but as a way to encourage others to share their lives while dealing with APD/CAPD or other learning disabilities. I openly encourage all of you to share these special and inspiring moments with these beautiful children.

Here goes:

I was lying in bed ready to go to sleep when Zack crawled in next to me.

He said, "Did you read today?" I said, "No, I was too tired."

He asked, "Do you read every day?" I replied, "Yes, I love to read!"

He said, "I do, too!" and then, he laughed and said, "No, I don't!"

I said, "You don't like it because it is hard for you."

He quietly said, "Yes. It is hard for me."

Then, he reached out and held my hand...

This entry was posted on 6:52 AM and is filed under APD/CAPD , family , relationships . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: